We understand the difficulties life can bring. You may be facing changes financially, medically, and with your living arrangements. If you find the need to surrender your pet because of these challenges, we hope we can help.
If you need to surrender your pet, please call 319-232-6887 to schedule an appointment. Scheduling an appointment helps to make sure we are prepared for the arrival of your pet, to make sure we have an available kennel, and the necesaary resources to best care for your pet. Please bring your pet to the intake building, Monday through Thursday, located on the Cedar Bend Humane Society campus, 1166 West Airline Hwy., Waterloo, IA.
- Please provide applicable veterinary records if available.
- Please fill out our pet personality profile prior to your appointment. See the personality profile links below. If your pet is placed up for adoption, this form will help us to find a home that best suits its needs.
Feline Personality Profile
Canine Personality Profile
There will be a surrender fee, per animal, to help cover costs such as food, medical care, bedding, and toys.
- All owner surrenders will be by appointment only. If you wish to surrender your personal pet, please call 319-232-6887 to make an appointment.
- Owner surrenders will be accepted Monday through Friday.
- $45 per fixed animal (must have proof)
- $50 per unfixed animal
- $50 per litter (litter is defined as two or more animals under the age of four months)
- $50 per group of pocket pets (mice, small birds, hamsters, rats, guinea pigs, gerbils)
No charge for stray animals coming in from the following cities:
- Cedar Falls
- Eagle Center
$54 for any stray outside of the cities listed above, but within Black Hawk County
$54 per litter (2 or more animals under 4 months)
Out of Black Hawk County:
- The Cedar Bend Humane Society is not able to accept out of county strays at this time. Please contact your local humane society, police or sheriff's department for assistance.