Become a Volunteer!
Volunteers make it possible for us to provide extra love, exercise, and attention to our “guests” while we find them their forever homes. The volunteer program needs animal
lovers to help out with walking dogs, cleaning kennels and cat room litter boxes during the week, primarily 11:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., and
working events in the community on a need basis helping to raise
awareness about adoption animals. Further inquiries and questions or to
set up a time to train, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit an application.
- Steps to Become an Volunteer:
- Fill out the on-line Volunteer Application.
- Social Media and Electronic Disclosure of Information
- Pay a $20.00 volunteer fee. The fee helps to cover the cost of volunteer t-shirts, training materials, and maintaining the volunteer database.
- To ensure consistency we ask everyone interested in being a volunteer to first participate in the orientation / training session. Training time will run about 1.5 hours. Training orientations are available quarterly in January, April, July, and October.
Why is training required?
Training helps give consistent care and attention to the animals at the shelter and helps to adequately care for animals with behavioral issues or medical needs.
Are there time requirements?
We ask volunteers to give at least 2 hours every month. Our on-line scheduling allows you to sign up for specific times and events.
Volunteering as a group at the Cedar Bend Humane Society is a fun team building experience as well as a way to give back to your community. Group volunteers do activities such as filling bags for PAWS pantry, sorting our donated pop cans and bottles, and other various tasks around the shelter.
Please click here to fill out a Cedar Bend Humane Society Visit/Request Form if you are interested in volunteering as a group, having an event at CBHS, or requesting that CBHS visit your school or business.
Dog Field Trips
Give a pup a relaxing day away from the shelter! Active CBHS volunteers are able to take a dog for a field trip to parks, trails, and other fun adventures. Volunteers must fill out the required form and gain prior approval. Field trips are allowed Sunday-Friday, 10:00am-4:00pm.
Click here to download the Dog Field Trip PDF!
We hope you enjoy your experience as a Cedar Bend Humane Society volunteer!