Donated supplies are used every day to meet the needs of hundreds of homeless animals each year that come to be our “guests” from the smallest gerbil to the largest mastiff. We work to keep them comfortable, well-fed, looked after, and loved.
Please visit our Amazon Wish List for more donating options delivered directly to CBHS!
Donation Wish List
This is the current list of items we are running low of at the shelter or use on a regular basis. Thank you for your continued support!
Animal Care & Comfort:
- Baby wipes
- Dog Shampoo
- Blankets (Please no down blankets, sheets, pillow cases, or towels)
- Kitten milk replacer and bottles
- Kitty Litter, clumping or non-clumping
- Kitten PATE wet food
- Cat scratch posts
- Frontline & Advantix flea and tick control
- Lotrimin AF
- Medical gloves (medium or large sized)
- Timothy Hay - Currently a HIGH PRIORITY!
- Catnip or catnip seeds
- Laser Pointers
- Puzzle feeders or lick mats
- Treat dispensers
- Lickable treats such as Tiki Cat Stix
- Toys: general, self-grooming, interactive, or mechanical
- Crinkle tunnels, beds, and toys
- Play or snuffle mats
- Cat scratch posts
- Misc. items: egg cartons, craft feathers, pipe cleaners, yarn, twine, cones or posts for homemade scratch posts
Please do not donate any toys or treats that require supervision or have choking hazards or stuffing
- Toys without stuffing or squeakers - Always a HIGH PRIORITY!
- Kong or "tough chewer" toys: Large or Extra Large - Always a HIGH PRIORITY!
- Puzzle and enrichment toys
- Snuffle mats
- Spring poles or Flirt poles
- Dog tunnel or tractor tires (please contact CBHS before donating!)
- Misc. items to make into enrichments: muffin pans, hula hoops, fast food drink holders, mixing bowls or tupperware, hula hoops
- Food items: xylitol-free peanut butter, pumpkin puree, low sodium broth, apples/applesauce, baby carrots, bananas, plain cheerios, broccoli, peas, green beans, blueberries
- Please do not donate any expired food items
- From pet stores such as PetSmart
- From hardware stores such as Home Depot, Menards, Fleet Farm, Farm & Fleet, and Lowe's
- From stores such as Staples, Target, Wal-Mart, and Sam’s Club
Laundry and Cleaning Supplies:
- Laundry Soap - Always a HIGH PRIORITY!
- Paper Towels - Always a HIGH PRIORITY!
- Toilet Paper - Always a HIGH PRIORITY!
- Gallon sized zip lock bags - Currently a HIGH PRIORITY!
- Large heavy duty trash bags
- Window Cleaner
- Dawn dish soap
- Super loop mop heads
- Yellow plastic mop bucket on wheels
- Heavy Duty Pooper Scoopers & Scrapers (Please no spring-action or rakes!) - Currently a HIGH PRIORITY!
- Large Libman Squeegees & Floor Scrub Brushes - Currently a HIGH PRIORITY!
- Brooms and Dustpans
- Disinfectant wipes
- Handheld scrub brushes
- Heavy duty utility carts
- White out
- White copy paper
- Card stock paper
- Lamination paper
- Dry-erase markers
- Dry-erase board cleaner
- Permanent markers
- Pocket Protectors
- Photo props
- Command strips
Maintenance / Yard:
- Step ladders
- Screwdriver / tools
- Work gloves
- Duct tape
- Heavy duty garbage bags
- Box cutters with replaceable blades
- Heavy duty utility cart
Please avoid donating the following items:
- Stuffed animals
- Toys with stuffing, hard pieces, or choking hazards
- Heated blankets
- Pillows and pillow cases
- Rawhide or treats that require supervision
- Toys that require supervision
Items that we cannot accept can be brought to Stuff, Etc and donated under Cedar Bend Humane Society's account or donate to a local homeless or women's shelter.
Monetary donations are also greatly appreciated. Donate here to help save lives!
Thank you! Your donations will help to satisfy the many needs of so many homeless, neglected, and abandoned animals.